Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Single Female Seeks Emotionally Sensitive Christian Man with BAGGAGE (preferrably Louis Vuitton)

My mom has found herself a new boyfriend...

...and so begins the vicious cycle that is my mom's relationships which have an uncanny resemblance to the lastest blockbuster trailer, promising the world with amazing special effects and delivering a burly turd. Between the overenthusiastic emails about skeet shooting with a 12 gauge shotgun and the gushing phonecalls where the word "soulmate" has never seen such frequency I can't help but feel apprehensive, waiting for the gigantic and uncomfortable shoe called REALITY to drop. At that point I will endure the numerous monologues relating how surprised she was that this latest version of a man in her life was less than perfect down to his last skin cell.

Somebody please shoot me.

No comments: